if i eat one more carbohydrate, i swear, i'm gonna.....
..well after attempting, with no noticable success, to conjure the spirit of Dr. Atkins to bring wrath on the people of this nation, I've had to become more intentional about eating 'foods which require teeth'. You see, rice and noodles happen to be very popular commodities around here. After slurping down a huge pile of spaghetti noodles topped with water (or something very close) the other day at the hospital I decided I had to eat more meat...and not even the sissy stuff, hold the chicken please. It was at this opportune moment that I discovered "Yong Ruo Cuan" which I am still struggling to pronounce, but the sheer flavor of this delicacy is making the struggle worthwhile. It's really just "meat on a stick", mutton (or lamb for us idiots) with a bunch of seasoning on it. I'd liken it to a good fajita, but a little spicier than normal,...and here's the good part folks,...a mere 25 cents American money...ah...so good...It's a good thing that table manners are not highly valued in this country; after days of eating nothing but stuff that should be reserved for old people and teething babies I went animalistic on these things...were talking Jurassic Park velocaraptor; I think I may have even made noises reminiscent of Tim the tool man Taylor; but I digress, ...let me end by highly recommending to you that you go to your nearest 'Western Chinese' styled restaurant and procure their entire stock of Yong Ruo Cuan; I've had them the last three days straight...
