...who-in-the-world does this happen too?...
I decided I should post this email so that everyone knows how Curtis (a.k.a. curt curt) is faring here in China: "On the way into the restaurant I was crossing the street with my 7 friends, I go to step up onto the curb with a little hop and knew that I was hopping up onto a manhole cover, but as I did, the manhole cover did a pivot and I dropped down into the manhole about up to my chest. Both feet were dangling down in the manhole so I couldn’t even get up by myself. I knew immediately that I was not hurt so my second thought was “who-in-the-world does this happen too?” My third thought was then of the video game Mario Brothers when you could make him go down in those little sewer holes to get those little blinking pennies. Maybe you remember that. As one of my friends helps to pull me out of the hole I dust off and look back to see everybody else doubled over laughing at me. I was kind of laughing too but when I saw them, it became even funnier. So if you ever fall into a manhole, please let me know so I won't feel like such a dork. It seems like falling into a manhole is similar to getting struck my lightning, it doesn’t happen to many people." posted without permission : )
